MARITIME TRANSPORT SERVICES CONDITIONS
Before making your purchase you should know that:
- The holder of each ticket acknowledges the general transport conditions, as well as those stated herein, available for the customers at our sales points and at our web site: https://www.mardeons.es/en/conditions-of-purchase-and-our-tourist-maritime-services/, and accept them expressly. Likewise, passengers must at all times follow the instructions of our onshore personnel and comply with the instructions and orders given by the crew during the voyage, especially in extraordinary situations or those of need.
- Once the ticket is purchased, no refunds will be made, except for those requested at least 15 calendar days before the departure date in writing to our e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. In the case of already printed tickets, they must be left at our information points in perfect condition.
- No changes in times or dates are allowed, except those requested at least 3 calendar days before the departure date in writing to our e-mail address email@example.com and for the same season. These changes are subject to seat availability at the time the request is made. In the case of already printed tickets, they must be left at our information points in perfect condition.
A change in the reservation to a higher number of passengers is allowed provided there is availability and it is requested in the time and manner indicated previously. Should the change involve a lower number of passengers, the same regulations that are used for returns will be applied.
A request to change destination or service will be subject to the same conditions as the changes in date or time, but it will not entail the return of any amount if there were a difference in favour of the passenger.
In the case of Cíes and Ons, changes and refunds are not allowed, excluding those requested 15 calendar days before the trip.
- In the case of already modified reservations, to be eligible for a refund, the date or dates of the modification request will be used as the reference. It should always be requested 15 days before the date of the trip.
- The booked tickets must be collected personally. The tickets can only be issued 30 minutes before the departure of the boat and in the port of departure of your trip.
- Tickets are only valid for the date and time shown on them.
- In case of loss or misplacement of a ticket, a new one must be acquired. In addition, the ticket issued as a return ticket shall entail the purchase of a new one for its total price.
- For return trips, you might not travel on the same boat on the inbound and outbound trips, even operated by other company. The shipping company must operate the service with a ship that complies with the regulations and is allowed to make any kind of layover.
- Passengers must approach the ship 10 minutes prior to the departure times and have their boarding tickets with them.
- Passengers will not be called to embark through speakers or similar means
- Ticket must be kept in good condition for the whole trip. It is recommended to protect them against high temperatures or prolonged exposure to the sun. The company does not guarantee the rendering of any services with damaged or illegible tickets.
- Tickets purchased with any kind of discount or promotional price on ordinary rates are not subject to changes or refunds.
- Tickets may only be modified by authorised company staff. If modified otherwise, they will be void and invalid.
- The company is entitled to modify the advertised schedules and even suspend or cancel the trips for internal, technical and logistical or organizational reasons as well as for weather-related reasons or force majeure.
- Given the way maritime transport is conducted, a maximum journey time cannot be provided in any of the timeframes to passengers, who, being aware of that fact, expressly accept the damages that may result from the delay in their trip, even if, for that reason, they lose their connection or link to any other transport, exonerating the company from any liability.
- Maximum authorised weight for hand luggage: 20 kg per person.
- The company is not liable for stolen or lost hand luggage or belongings.
- For security reasons, it is not allowed to carry certain items in your luggage:
- Bags or briefcases with alarm systems.
- Explosive materials, ammunition, firework items or sparklers.
- Gases (whether flammable, non-flammable, intensely cooled or poisonous), such as camping gas, oxygen, propane or butane.
- Flammable liquids, such as fuels, paint or solvent.
- Flammable solids, such as easily ignitable items, substances subject to spontaneous combustion, substances that emit flammable gases in contact with water.
- Oxidising substances, such as caustic soda or peroxides.
- Radioactive materials. Certain restrictions also apply to medicines, toiletries, dry ice, and oxygen or carbon dioxide bottles for medical use.
- Any other similar substance or material considered as not-indicated for transport by the Company or the responsible of the vessel.
- Passenger and luggage security controls may be carried out at the port before embarking, with the subsequent removal of sharp objects or items of any other nature that may be deemed dangerous. In order to avoid potential inconveniences, you are advised not to carry such objects.
- Please note that neither the Galician Atlantic Islands National Park nor the Natural Space of San Simón Island have any trash bins available. Therefore, you must travel with your own trash bag to place any waste you may generate. When your return, you will find trash bins where you can throw it.
- If visiting the National Park, it is relevant to know the applicable regulation, especially Act 15/2002, on the granting of National Park status; Act 42/2007, on Natural Heritage and Biodiversity; and Decree 274/99, approving the Natural Resources of the Galician Atlantic Islands Management Plan, as well as the regulations included on the website of the National Park Network: https://reddeparquesnacionales.mma.es
- This ticket is for maritime transport only. If staying at the National Park or other destinations overnight, accommodation must be arranged directly by the user before travelling.
- In general, accreditation shall not be required, however if before boarding or during the trip there are reasonable doubts about the child’s age, an official document certifying the child’s age can be requested from accompanying adult. Likewise, in the case of discounted fares for age or family, travellers are required to present their ID or passport, or family book when requested, before accessing the boat or during their trip.
- This entity does not transport vehicles of any type, except those that the transport conditions of that line expressly authorise and that you may find on the company’s web page.
- My pet on board. If you want to travel with your pet, please remember that it is forbidden to travel to the Galician Atlantic Islands National Park, the Natural Space of the San Simón Island, or other tourism services with pets, except for guide dogs.
- Fares are available in our website and at our sales and information points. Credit card payment is accepted.
- If you are allergic to any food, we want to inform you that in the trips including the catering service, the menu may be unsuitable because we can’t assure the complete absence of any traces in your meal, due to the special production process and shipment. You can ask for a special meal in the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, although it may be possible that in some of our service we won’t be able to meet the request because of the availability of this kind of food on the part of the suppliers.
- Complaint and suggestion forms are available to travellers at our departure and arrival points, as well as at Naviera Mar de Ons S.L., authorised information points. They can also be sent to the following at the customer service department at the following address Naviera Mar
de Ons S.L. C/A Laxe 11, bajo 4 36202 in Vigo, telephone number (+34) 986 225 272 or in the following email email@example.com
- Without prejudice to the provisions of article 9 of Law 7/2017 of 2 November, which incorporates into Spanish law Directive 2013/11/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 May 2013 on the alternative resolution of consumer disputes, Users are informed that in accordance with article 21.4 of Royal legislative Decree 172007 of 16 November, they may turn to an alternative resolution entity notified to the European Commission, in accordance with the provisions of the law transposing into Spanish law Directive 2013/11/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 21 May 2013 on the alternative resolution of consumer disputes (click here)
COVID-19 health crisis: While the current state of health crisis due to the pandemic caused by the COVID-19 is maintained, the service offer will be conditioned by the intensity of market demand and the instructions and orders given by the competent authorities. Travellers will be duly informed of any change or alteration by the appropriate means, including its announcement on social networks.